• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Nail trimming

Hey! I have a tegu who’s about a year old, and when I got him his nails hasn’t been trimmed. Upon trying to I got to about three nails when I realized that it was making them bleed. I haven’t trimmed them sense. What do i do? Theyre getting long!!

AtlasInSd

One of the easy ways is to have tile in the enclosure and run your heat tape underneath it. They readily go onto the tile often to warm up which very gradually over a long time keeps there nail tips from getting sharp. It's a win win because you don't have to go in there and start trimming nails

rats

5 Year Member
I have real slate squares (from flooring store), not tiles, on the floor of Foley’s cage. Just walking on the slate wears his nails down so they aren’t sharp. I haven’t had to clip his nails since he was a baby (he’s 11 years old now!). Much better than struggling to clip them.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam