• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Names?

casey15

I was to fixated with getting the proper setups/diet and researching behavior and body language. I totally forgot to think of a name! Any ideas? I like suggestions, I've got a list started.

So far

-Bosco
-Rex
-Chomper

Arxilca

5 Year Member
I know there's another Bosco on the forums, and I've always thought it was a great tegu name! I'm planning to name mine something in Quechua. It's the oldest Argentinian language I could find a decent online dictionary for, so I thought that might be cool. Getting back to her roots and whatnot. I also found a short list of names. Still deciding which word/name to go with, though. It's a little tricky for me to find good resources since most sites with information about Quechua seem to be in Spanish, but it hasn't been to bad. The hard part is choosing!

HeatherN

im naming mine tarot or azrael, whichever fits him best. if you plan on having him respond to name, research has shown that animals tend to recognize two syllable words that start with a "hard" letter. of course you don't have to go by those rules!! for example, my tarot conforms to the standards, but not azrael. i think the most important part is the two syllables, the first gets their attention, and the second "completes" the word and helps with recognition of meaning, and to show its not just a random sound that came out like the falling of a chair.

but like i said, thats all speculation, no concrete proof, and who says you have to do that anyway! i just end up naming all my animals two syllable things on accident. I've got a nika, farren, boris, veva, larry...

although, I'm told I've had weird taste in names, so as for suggestions id say "milo", "dusk", "arrow".. ok I'm gonna stop, getting into my weird name territory again! :D

casey15

I have weird taste in names too, one idea I had was Fudu. It means tortoise in African. Its weird but I just love how the name sounds

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I used names as humanesque as Joe to ridiculous made-up names like Mr. Slithersworth. You can try naming him/her after a favorite band/movie/book/character.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
Lemmy
Ghidra
Smaug
Grendel
Chuck Norris

Mine will be called "the Stig".

apocalypse910

casey15 said:
I was to fixated with getting the proper setups/diet and researching behavior and body language. I totally forgot to think of a name! Any ideas? I like suggestions, I've got a list started.

So far

-Bosco
-Rex
-Chomper

Heh - Rex was also on my names list, currenly down to Rex, Loki, and Bowser. Figure I'll wait until I get my hatching so I can get an idea of his personality.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
dragonmetalhead said:
Dubya said:
Lemmy
Ghidra
Smaug
Grendel
Chuck Norris

Mine will be called "the Stig".

I second Lemmy. Motorhead rules. \m/

I would name my tegu Lemmy, But I already have a hedgehog with that name. See Motorhead live in concert before Lemmy dies, he is about 66yrs old. Bring earplugs. I am serious. I suffered a bit of hearing damage from the last time I saw him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980