• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Need Advice ASAP, Housing Tegus together

Nessie

Hi All, My Arg B&W is about 2 months old and someone just posted a baby red about the same size...I am really thinking about it as the price is pretty good and it is a nice looking red. I know babies can house together but can adults? Same Sex? How big of an enclosure is needed ( I give my Tegu plenty of free foam). Will males fight too much if that happens to be the case?? Here is a link to the classified maybe someone can guess sex for me ( I know its a long shot) and let me know what you think of this Red.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other-pets-for-sale-baby-red-tegu-the-nice-one-trade-for-geckos-W0QQAdIdZ221313712" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://barrie.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other-pe ... Z221313712</a><!-- m -->

Need help asap
Vanessa

Nessie

Just talked to the guy and he is willing to take $125, best deal I have ever seen around here. Give me some advice soon as this won't last long!

DMBizeau

I house my tegus together with no issues as juveniles and sub adults, but I wouldn't do it unless you have the ability to house them separately if needed. You might run into problems once they become mature. If you end up with a pair they will end up breeding and you will have to separate them so the female doesn't injure the male. If you end up with 2 males or 2 females you might be ok though.

Nessie

How long would I need to keep the male and female seperate for after breeding? HMMM.........what to do???? Obviously I would rather not have multiple enclosures but I could build one ontop of the other if need be. How large of an enclosure would be needing lets say for two adult males??

DMBizeau

Females are pretty aggressive after breeding and in an indoor enclosure with not alot of space I would say keep them apart till they hibernate. Smallest I would go with 2 adults would be 8x3x2.5 but bigger would be better. You would have a decent amount of time, at least a year before you would have to worry about it however. Best off just building 2 enclosures and stacking them on each other if you end up with a pair.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980