• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Need help with advice

Dylan koch

need advise asap!! My red tegu female hasn't ate in 4 days she never turns down a meal and has been acting very not her self!! Laying around all day seems super low energy barely can keep her eyes open I've been spraying her down alot and got her to drink a few sips of water!! My worry is that her intestines might of got clogged with something or cypress mulch that's mixed in her substrate!! I'm super worried! Shes lost weight and because I'm out of work I can't afford to take her to vet if she needs surgery!

Guman

When we get these animals we must be prepared to take them to the vet when is needed. However, I also understand that we can all experience hard times. You may not be able to afford surgery but can you at least get the Tegu checked out?

Dylan koch

I do understand that but I've been out of work 2 months!! So I'm trying to find a vet but non have been open!! Or aren't taking new clients

Guman

What are the parameters of the enclosure? What have you tried at home? What do you usually feed? How old is the tegu? As you see from my posted pictures, we have special needs gu. Also, where is your closest vet school?

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Dylan, go check out the threads about impaction, and constipation. How old is she??? I think I responded to this question before in a diff thread with trying a warm bath where you massage her tummy/vent to trigger a poop response. If she is straining, and trying to go with very little results...then I would say pretty comfortably that she is having a prob with constipation. If it's an impaction, then she'll slowly stop eating, even though she looks interested. Then, she'll start to be lethargic, and you will see a dulling of the eyes, and also her tongue may go gray instead of pink, because she's not drinking water now. Does any of this sound familiar?

need advise asap!! My red tegu female hasn't ate in 4 days she never turns down a meal and has been acting very not her self!! Laying around all day seems super low energy barely can keep her eyes open I've been spraying her down alot and got her to drink a few sips of water!! My worry is that her intestines might of got clogged with something or cypress mulch that's mixed in her substrate!! I'm super worried! Shes lost weight and because I'm out of work I can't afford to take her to vet if she needs surgery!
Feeding schedules are important for this reason. Usually the tegus knows what to do. Occasionally they will run a rock or 10 through their system like mine does. Last time shedding? Age? Remember a Tegu can digest teeth!

Dylan how is he,she ?

Dylan koch

She is great I had no idea what was wrong with her but I just showed her lots of affection and misted her now shes some a 180 shes nice and healthy n chubby! I started her on insects which initially got her appetite back with crickets then her regular meat diet mixes with fruits and veggies. But also one day I took her out and she had the nastiest huge liquidy poop so must of been upset stomach.

Dylan koch

Shes is pooping and eating normal. Except my reds are little jerks some times they have a basking platform with rocks on top I made them and a hide underneath. And they have decided it's there poop zone and love to wait for me to take Rocks out to clean and then drop a huge deuce on the wooden platform every time. They know it annoys me

She is great I had no idea what was wrong with her but I just showed her lots of affection and misted her now shes some a 180 shes nice and healthy n chubby! I started her on insects which initially got her appetite back with crickets then her regular meat diet mixes with fruits and veggies. But also one day I took her out and she had the nastiest huge liquidy poop so must of been upset stomach.
We call that a shat, lol and its gonna happen!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam