• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Need some expert advice (diet related)

loweryrr

Okay so I usually try to feed my tegu turkey mixed with some veggies, calcium powder and fruit. My area has had a toad problem lately and the last couple of times I have taken my tegu out for some sun she has found and ate a couple of toads and a frog. I'm sure the frogs are safe and I read toads are safe for them but I cant help but wonder is there an unsafe level of toads for them to eat as in if she eats too many toads will it make her sick? Any knowledge on the subject would be appreciated. I can usually spot around 15 or 20 toads a night in my yard. Should I keep her inside for now?

Danya

I definitely would not let them eat toads and/or frogs from the yard. I don't know what the toad/frog was eating and if it has any parasites/things that could transfer to the tegu. When I see my lizards digging in the yard, I go check out what they're looking at, usually they're trying to dig up a frog so I'll move them, they usually get over it lol.

TxReptileGuy

Yeah I wouldn't let her eat anymore toads from your yard that's probably not very good for your tegu one day your tegu might eat the wrong frog and get sick from what ever the frog ate before your tegu ate the frog and the wild animals from your back yard or insects could have parasites or be sick so I wouldn't risk it and I only buy my reptiles insects and stuff like that from the pet stores or the insects I breed at my house only :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602