• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New baby savannah montior lizard Need Help With Humidity

Deltathesavy

I bought a savannah montior Hatchling a week ago no more then 4 - 5 inches head to tail now I bought a zilla 10g tank came with everything but a hide and some substrate I bought a hide and coconut fiber make it easy for my little guy to dig he got comfortable he was eating for a couple days ( he uses the bathroom no problem ) seen the crickets where all gone so I bought some more a day or 2 later I see he ain't eating and he's skinny I'm like 0.o that's not right I been having a battle with keeping the humidity up so I go back to the pet store the owner is telling me to keep the humidity at 70-80% i just looked at this guy cause I really think something way off these ain't tropical lizards I really need some help on keeping the humidity what substrate can I use what can I do ( he has a 60 watt heating lamp on one side for heat and basking )

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
savannah / bosc monitors are desert monitors and like it dry????

basking temp needs to be high like 110-130

post pics and I'll try to help???

Deltathesavy

post pics and I'll try

post pics and I'll try to help???
Well as I'm trying to get different substrate the pet shop guy ends up telling me to bring the little guy back and switch him out which made me feel like crap I ended up with a slightly bigger savannah montior that has a little weight to him I ended up getting some moss for the humidity and I'm trying to get a bigger tank for the little guy I'll take pics when I get home

Deltathesavy

So basically this is the new ones set up the pet shop guy said keep him at 70-80% humidity cause he's still a baby once he hits 6 months I can lower humidity now I have a 75 w day light bulb and some times it's hot he ends up hiding and the humidity drops fast if I put a 50 watt I mist him every 3-4 hrs and if I put 50 watt bulb Temps are at 70-75F humidity at 80 drops every 4 hours I know he really needs a bigger tank cause his hide is big and he needs more space I'm planning to upgrade to a 20 g or 30 g tank
20220402_191157.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980