• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New banner

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This will be the new banner on the upgrade, what do you guys think?

BANNER-1.gif

Tux

5 Year Member
The edit by Ralphy changed the tegu color a bit, maybe you could provide him with the originals to fix it up?

Just checked with my color checker tool bobby's and the original are both #000000

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
How about now Dave?

Mike can you work your magic with this one?
Bannertwoleg.jpg

Somehow when I edit it in paint the tegu is darker and the words are blured, also Mike is right it is not the same black:

BANNER-1-1.gif

Tux

5 Year Member
Ha, I was testing too far over not where the new addition was #000600 vs. #000000. I'm not amazing at PS but I'm sure I can fix that up no problem and make it all true black (#000000).

Srakha

5 Year Member
my contributions xD

Bobby I can't tell on this monitor, but what I did should have gotten rid of the 'mess.' I also took a few liberties with your artwork.. added a little something to the red text, moved the grey text so it's centered under the red text... and removed the grey outline.. I can put that back if you wish though.

Here are both versions:
BANNER-1-1b.jpg

BANNER-1-1c.jpg

Tux

5 Year Member
2nd version theirs a difference in tegu color, if you put the tegu on a different layer that shouldn't be happening. I do however like that lighter gray as the text.

Srakha

5 Year Member
There is no difference in my two versions of the tegu.. an optical illusion on your part ;) Nor did I change the grey of the text.. not sure why you are seeing them differently.

HOWEVER I have redone the banner with the bright tegu on it:

BANNER-1-1d.jpg

And after seeing that online, the grey text wanted to be brighter too. xD

BANNER-1-1e.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Srakha said:
There is no difference in my two versions of the tegu.. an optical illusion on your part ;) Nor did I change the grey of the text.. not sure why you are seeing them differently.

HOWEVER I have redone the banner with the bright tegu on it:
And after seeing that online, the grey text wanted to be brighter too. xD
BANNER-1-1e.jpg

That Rocks!!! Thanks Sue, you done an awesome job!!! :)

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Sue, the red tones and grey are a tad bit pixelated. If you save the image as a .gif that you should be able to resolve that.

I think its awesome how every is contributing!

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RehabRalphy said:
BANNER1-3.gif

thats what i came up with.

or we can scrap this idea and go with something totally different. something more eye catchy?

BANNER-1-1c.jpg

That looks better to me, I like the brick look and the grey text better.

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
ya that would be awesome.

Only thing im saying is that with a JPEG aka .jpg saved image, it has a compression ratio of 10:1 which creates pixel disorientation. Now on the other hand, if Sue were to create that banner and save it as a .Gif that you wouldn't have any problem. Gif images are saved using the lossless data compression technique to reduce the file size without degrading the visual quality

Example: No offense, but the picture in Bobby's signature you can tell is saved .JPG because of the pixelation around the lettering.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980