• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Behavior Question

plungerzero

My Big boy ( red tegu) Koa is about to be a year old and he recently started this new behavior where he will dig into me or my gf as if he looking for something and trying to burrow than go to bite us. It is a very non aggressive bite with no charging threat posing or anything of the sort it is in fact very slow and undecided. It almost seems like he just wants to know what we taste like or for us to do something. Any idea what this is? Ive read about testing boundaries or him just being a curious fatty if this is the case how can we help reduce this behavior?

Mich lady

Maybe you guys just smell good to him. He will be approaching tegu puberty or puberty as its known in tegu o.j owner circles. My Savannah monitor does something like that to me. He likes to lie on my chest and deep sniff me. Lol

plungerzero

Maybe you guys just smell good to him. He will be approaching tegu puberty or puberty as its known in tegu o.j owner circles. My Savannah monitor does something like that to me. He likes to lie on my chest and deep sniff me. Lol
ya hes well into puberty he has been for months he chewed on my arm pretty good saw it wasnt food and kinda gave up

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Mine never did this, but he does "root" around under knees, elbows, etc. I think he'll grow out of it especially if he gets nothing from it. You could always move if you think it's coming, or put him back in his home after he does it. They're super smart and will get the adverse routine. No rewards! Just remember that. Just like you don't give the crying child candy....you take away any benefits he may get from the behavior you don't want him to do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980