• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New blue & red cross

tyjohnko

My new Blue & red cross coming next week.

Attachments

• 157062_233215270151175_753097907_n.jpg
    157062_233215270151175_753097907_n.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 697

Bagnara16

who r u getting it from. i thought underground reptile was the only people that bred those and they just came out...make sure its real and not a scam. it looks like normal blue to me

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcime to the site :) and congrats on the new gu. I would get proof of the breeding if you haven‘t already, since people are not always truthful. But it is a very nice tegu either way. I like the contrast between the high white pattern and black bar.

@ Bagnara16 red blue crosses have been around for quite a few years now and underground is not the only place that breeds them.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Quite a few people have crossed blues and reds. In the past this was more common then full blues. Underground are the only ones who have taken and bluexred cross and breed it back to a blue and got some albinos.

tyjohnko

He is here , big fat , beautiful , and kinda calm so far ,

i got him from ZT reptile , he was a hold back from august 2012 clutch

i hope i won't mess things up and keep him tamed like this.

Attachments

• IMG_0915.JPG
    IMG_0915.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 295
Cool. do you know if he was put into brumation? I got my tegu a week ago and was very slow and calm the first few days. Now he is still docile, but also more squirmy and uneasy when being held.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
laurarfl said:
Blue x red have been around for years, as stated, I think UG just decided to call the one a purple tiger.

The "purple tiger" isn't an ordinary red x blue. It is an albino red x blue cross. So it's a little cooler but the name is all marketing.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
laurarfl said:
Exactly

But I think it is a red x albino blue. I don't think UG has an albino red, do they?

No, you're right. I just put red before blue, didn't mean it was from an albino red - don't think they have one.

krazyeyez

Both of mine are red x blue crosses, with high contrast white. My male shows a lot of red, but my female only has little red speckles and belly shading that didn't show until about a year and a half. Keep in mind varnyard breeds an "all American" that shows lavendar tinge images of blue

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980