• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Columbia’s Tegu owner- tail...CUT??

Alex’s Reptiles

Hey guy/gals,
I’m a new tegu owner and my tegu is about 4 months old now and we was doing ok. That said, apart from the fact which he escaped twice BUT now, it is escape proof(almost). He was eating well and everything. Recently his tail got cut and I’m worried. + Idk if I need to go to a vet. Plz tell me if he needs a vet. THX

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Is the cut clean ?
Is it drying up and looking like you would think ?
Are you happy with it ?

If you answer YES to all the above then NO a vet is NOT needed.

Hey guy/gals,
I’m a new tegu owner and my tegu is about 4 months old now and we was doing ok. That said, apart from the fact which he escaped twice BUT now, it is escape proof(almost). He was eating well and everything. Recently his tail got cut and I’m worried. + Idk if I need to go to a vet. Plz tell me if he needs a vet. THX
It will grow back a regenerated tail a stressed-out Tegu can just let their tail go if they have to. A regenerated tail looks fine but it won't have the stripes

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam