• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Columbian Boa

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
I got a big adult columbian a couple weeks ago at the raleigh show. Odd thing is, she shed the day we brought her home(as we were bringing her home.. awkward!).. and now she seems to be about to shed again! Condering that she's a large adult, this seems really strange. Any ideas?

Anyway, here's pics:

FLUFFY013.jpg

FLUFFY006.jpg

REPSHOW008.jpg

FLUFFY016.jpg

REPSHOW009.jpg

Her name is Fluffy.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
very nice.. I have always thought that older reptiles shed like that if they got stressed.. but i dont really know.. But that is an awesome Boa

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
I guess that's possible... Getting a new home is a pretty big change. it's just never happened with my other reptiles.

chriz

5 Year Member
it mayb cos she was not ready 2 shed compleatly n u started the cycle when u was moving her so she is shedding again 2 her liking . have had it happen with larger corn snakes in the past and a small common boa

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice pics, that is a huge boa. I don't think I could handle a snake that big.

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
I bet you could! Snakes that size aren't that hard to handle. They're really strong.. But as long as they aren't a psycho-crazy WC snake, it's really not that bad. I'm not especially strong or anything, just a reptile-obsessed 20-year-old kid, and i can do it.. lol. I'm sure a lot of you here have a ton more snake experience than me. The only hard part so far with her seems to be keeping her from crawling into things. Every time i've taken her out so far, she tries to crawl from me into something, under something, or onto somethign she shouldn't be crawling on.
When i was giving her a bath, she kept opening her mouth and hissing at me(irritable 'cause she's about to shed, thus the bath). It was a little intimidating, but i just continued with what i was doing and she didn't bite or anything. Just having a little hissy fit and showing how scary she is, ha.
My Retic will get like twice that big(eventually...), so i better be pretty comfortable little girls like Fluffy here.
I like the big snakes(and the big lizards!)

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
CaseyUndead said:
I like the big snakes(and the big lizards!)
I'm in the same boat. Bigger is better!! Within reason. We've sold most of the little "run away when they get the slightest chance" critters. The bigger snakes & lizards are more than happy to hang out with us!

angelrose

5 Year Member
Nero said:
nice RTB i just bought a baby male hypo yesterday I love him!!

hey that's great Nero. I have been looking at them for a while now but I can't find one. could I see some pics :?:

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nero said:
nice RTB i just bought a baby male hypo yesterday I love him!!
Posting an announcement of a new herp with out pictures WILL NOT BE TOLERATED IN THIS FORUM!!! :mrgreen:

So post 'em of you got 'em! :mrgreen:

CoexistExotics

5 Year Member
GORGEOUS snake. That is a great, GREAT find! She is just so beautiful. Wow. I hope you enjoy her and give her a great home! She deserves the best.

Nero

5 Year Member
I know i know guys i just gotta figure it out i got some pics on my comp i need to find my cord to plug in my comp for my camera trust me guys ill get pics up soon

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
Nice snake looks like a healthy girl. The shedding could be from getting over mites. She may have had an older shed stuck . And the new growth occurred underneath the unshed one. They may ahve fed her and it threw her into a shed before the last one was shed. She may also have mites . I wouldn't worry until agfter she sheds again. The try to feed her. That is a nice girl.

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
Thanks all. She's been doing pretty good now. She'll eat, like, four JUMBO rats in one feeding. I'm thinking that it might be simpler to just bump her up to rabbits maybe.. I'm pretty sure she could put away a medium-ish rabbit with no problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602