• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Columbian

numarix

What would be the best lighting and food for him. We read soo much info from over 4 website's its confusing.

Bk101

numarix said:
What would be the best lighting and food for him. We read soo much info from over 4 website's its confusing.

Hi! I have a columbian as well :) loOks like they are even almost the same size! I use a UVB light as well as a heat lamp. Then I also use an under tank heat mat. I also feed him a few different thing... Alternating everytime, turkey, beef, chicken, pork, and egg. All dustEd with calcium :) I have realized with this that he is not a huge fan of. Hicken so I try to feed that less often but it is good for them to get a combination of things :) they will let u know what they like :)

Hope this helps :)

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the site,.. and congratulations on the new addition. Care for Colombians is pretty much the same as any other gu. They don't require as much adult space but an 8' enclosure for one or two Colombians would be quite :D spacious and comfy.

But for food, temps, lighting and taming it's all pretty much the same.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I feed Kodo stew meat (beef), chicken gizzards, silversides, and fuzzies as staples, although when he was smaller he took crickets, nightcralwers, grasshoppers, and snails (he seems to have outgrown the feeder insects). As he gets older eggs and other meats will be added to the diet. He has also taken bites of deli chicken, Subway turkey, Oscar Mayer balogna, and cheesecake.

Bk101

Love it!! Suggests an awesome name :). Mine was Reptaar but... It didn't stick as well as Baby Tegu lol. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam