• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new enclosure stress?

jmulley6

since putting my tegu in his new enclosure he has been very slow, sleeping all day, and not eating much.. could this just be stress and will subside when he gets use to it?
I did notice similar behaviors when we moved it took him quite some time to get use to the new place.
has anyone else noticed similar issues in their tegus?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What are the temps in the new cage? Did you add more substrate?

jmulley6

james.w said:
What are the temps in the new cage? Did you add more substrate?
yes I have added more substrate and set up his hide log.
I have also raised hes basking spot so it is 100 under it and 80 everywhere else.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is probably just stress. My tegu got somewhat aggressive when I moved him into his new home.

Can you post some updated pics of the enclosure?

jmulley6

ok thanks, I think he is a nervous lizard in general I still cant manage to take him out side without him freaking out on me.
Ill get new pics up soon.
In the mean time I think I may get a second bulb or an under tank heater. He is not using the basking spot and seems cold to the touch even though the temp says 80. I'll

(oops hit enter and it posted)
I'll pick up a new thermostat and hydrometer just to be sure but he probably just needs time to adjust.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602