• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Golden Tegu owner

WestTexasTegu

Hi!
This is my first Tegu I got him/her (not to sure yet) last May, he/she is about 17-18" is this a normal size for it's age?

Jrock23

I believe he still a hatchling, ive had him for about a month but i brought him at 7-8 months old.. But he is big for a little guy so honestly the age thing is confusing I guess..

Jrock23

Yea, mines should be about that length but i brought him from a breeder, & the breeder told me he dropped his tail because he got caught in a door.. But his tail seems to be healing ok..

WestTexasTegu

Yea, mines should be about that length but i brought him from a breeder, & the breeder told me he dropped his tail because he got caught in a door.. But his tail seems to be healing ok..
That's great! I got my Golden from Backwater Reptiles! They have a great selection to chose from! And they are very Helpful if you have any questions!

Jrock23

This is my gold tegu and the custom cage that i built and i built the background piece as well...

Attachments

• 20160102_163008.jpg
    20160102_163008.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • 20160104_174434.jpg
    20160104_174434.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25

Jrock23

Yea at the time i wanted to order from backwater reptiles they were sold out of gold tegus, hopefully within a few months i'm looking into getting a red tegus..

Jrock23

Thanks, hopefully it will late till at least the summer time.. Before i have to build a 6-7 ft cage.. Seeing that gold tegus are the smallest, andno need to build a 8-9 cage.. Are you using a 20 gal breeder tank..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602