• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New here ☺️

Britteny Baker

Hey everyone!
My name is britteny and Friday my fiance got me a beautiful Argentine black and white tegu hatchling, I named him boomtown after a favorite TV character. I have owned one other tegu, she was a Columbian Gold tegu, but she came to me sick so I never really got to see her personality.
Boomtown is an awesome little guy though. Other than being skiddish when reaching into his habitat, he's calm when holding and will take food from my hand.

His habitat, at the moment, is a 40 gal aquarium with coconut fiber substrate. A 100w bulb for day time, a blue 75w bulb for night time. I have a humidity checker and night time/day time setting changer on the way. I chose coconut fiber substrate because everything I read, said it can also help with the humidity levels. When the time comes for a bigger place to live, I will be having him a 3x3x6 habitat build, so ANY info on the best way to build a vivarium is absolutely welcome and appreciated!

RomanPort

Hey, welcome! Really glad to have you on the forum.

Your Tegu sounds great. We love pictures! I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to building a custom enclosure. I'd like to build one soon too, but I don't really know where to start either.

Britteny Baker

Hey, welcome! Really glad to have you on the forum.

Your Tegu sounds great. We love pictures! I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to building a custom enclosure. I'd like to build one soon too, but I don't really know where to start either.
If I get any info I'm happy to pass it along! [emoji3526]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonny