• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

new pet lizard? you decide!!

ameivafan123

I'm moving my two ameivas to an outside enclosure so my 4' x 2' x 2' cage will be empty soon so Im getting one of two lizards, a bearded dragon or a tokay gecko and I CANT DECIDE WHICH ONE!!! I like the bearded dragon beacouse their mostly vegeterians when adults but the lighting is expensive but their cute and on the other hand the tokay is cheaper to keep lighting wise but thier insctivores and its gonna be a little more tough plus their agressive but i dont care about that. I can handle the requirements for the two but I just cant decide. So I want your opinions. Which one you decide!!?!?! LOL :)

Logie_Bear

I think the deciding factor between these two species for me would be " do I want a pet I can handle and spend time with or a display animal that is fun to watch but probably not touch"

ameivafan123

yeah, I did a little bit more research and i think a bearded dragon is going to be more expensive right now beacouse i need a couple of more fixtures and I think a tokay is gonna be cooler and its gonna be fun to take on the challenge of taming one of those guys so i think im going with a tokay :)

ameivafan123

Well unfortunately I buy all of my animals on the local classifieds and I could not find a tokay locally but i bought a baby leopard gecko. Hes really cool. I will post pictures later :)

ameivafan123

Il post pictures soon, oh and the leo is not in the 4' by 2'. Hes in a 10 gallon that i used to store crickets. I think Im gonna leave the big cage empty for now. Im gonna focus my effort into my Ameivas to see if I can breed em next year. OH and I also caught a wild racer. local type(Alsophis portoricensis). I will post pictures of both of them tomorow :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam