• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Retnoo

So excited to get my first Tegu. been doing a lot of research, bought a book or two. I've been working all day on the enclosure, and I'm picking up the lizard tomorrow. It's about 9 months old I think. Isn't very big.
I've attached some pics of the new home.
Cut some cool branches and grabbed some leaves from outside, and baked them to removed organisms.
Plants are Hibiscus, Snake plant, Prickly pear, and Succulent. All edible I believe? or at least not blatantly harmful. washed them clean and removed them from their pots incase there was fertilizer or chemicals. . UVB Bulb is too powerful, but I ordered a 6% bulb that should arrive soon. Also ordered some more sphagnum and moss and a Reptifogger to help maintain humidity.
about 9 inches of substrate, 4 feet long, 2 feet wide. Hope you guys like it. Be free to leave suggestions.

Attachments

• enclosure1.png
    enclosure1.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 46
  • enclosure2.jpg
    enclosure2.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 43
  • enclosure3.jpg
    enclosure3.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 45

Retnoo

Just picked him up today. Wow, taming him is going to be some work. bit me while we where still in the pet store. He is super beautiful though. They told me he was around 10 months old

Attachments

• ghost.jpg
    ghost.jpg
    564.3 KB · Views: 36

TheTeguNovice

5 Year Member
Just picked him up today. Wow, taming him is going to be some work. bit me while we where still in the pet store. He is super beautiful though. They told me he was around 10 months old
Wow congrats!!! That’s so awesome super happy for you! Looks like he’s a little younger than 10 months though! Also really nice enclosure!

Carra

Wow! Handsome red boy!! My female is about 5 years old. She was kind of a rescue situation (previous mom loved her but through the pandemic lost her job and couldn’t take care of etc) so luckily she was super tame already. Raised with cats and dogs. My cats and dogs are used to us bringing home interesting new siblings for them so she gets to free roam. (Attended of course) Tegu’s are one of the smartest, and actually dependent big lizards and it sounds like you definitely have the dedication so I’m sure he will be sitting in your lap eating his berries out of your hand in no time… but try tongs first lol. Good luck, and have fun

Chipchip

I will say, from my own personal experience, I didn't have any luck with live plants. My tegu would burrow so much that he kept digging them up. But I did get mine when he was a year and a half old, so he was a bit bigger, and didn't let the plants settle into their new substrate as long as I would have liked. But wish the best of luck to you. I know I've enjoyed having my tegu

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam