• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Tegu Mom/Tail rot?

Lucy

Hello everyone,
I am a new tegu mom to 8 month old Lucy. We live in rural Alberta Canada and it can be extremely cold. We have been having difficulties with her enclosure. The heat pad below her and the humidity/temp control blew out. We did have the enclosure custom made however after we paid them, they closed their business. To be solution focused, I am ordering new everything. However while we have been waiting I noticed my girl's tail looks like it is dead dry. I just read about the various remedies suggested. Is this a " go to the vet now!" or should I try fish oils, coconut oil rubs etc first?
Additionally what would you recommend to help keep the temp up until the new heat pads, arrive? Any suggestion would be welcome. Love her madly and I am worried she is not doing well.
Thank you,
Lucy's Mom

Attachments

• 20220102_194621.jpg
    20220102_194621.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 20220102_194610.jpg
    20220102_194610.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 13

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts