• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New Tegu Owner

Reptile_lover_333

This is my new Argentine B&W tegu she is about 1 and a half months old, does she look fine? I have a question could you feed you tegu live goldfish?

Attachments

• F41067C4-0DE2-4837-B630-9E1A9D216324.jpeg
    F41067C4-0DE2-4837-B630-9E1A9D216324.jpeg
    517.6 KB · Views: 26
  • C90CA1D6-6BF5-45C8-B82E-2596F2FA9BA4.jpeg
    C90CA1D6-6BF5-45C8-B82E-2596F2FA9BA4.jpeg
    486.2 KB · Views: 25

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I think she looks great! Bright eyes, stout body...very pink tongue!! Not sure, but it looks like she could be a little older than 1 1/2 months, but hard to tell through a picture. As she gets older, her tail will become much stronger looking and fuller.

LizardStudent

Beautiful girl! Tail could be plumper at the base, it should bulk up as you feed her and she grows. It is recommended that if you feed tegus fish, you feed then human-grade stuff, i.e. fish that you would buy for yourself to eat

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
I give my boy salmon (yes, even the wild fresh caught). I don't think it's necessary to give them that, but my Skully had some impaction probs early on, and I've been giving him that and frozen/thawed mice for a long time. I also supplement with fish oil on top of the salmon, just to keep his system running properly.

Reptile_lover_333

I think she looks great! Bright eyes, stout body...very pink tongue!! Not sure, but it looks like she could be a little older than 1 1/2 months, but hard to tell through a picture. As she gets older, her tail will become much stronger looking and fuller.
Ok thank you

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
The Argentines are great - you'll be happy you bought it. Don't forget - they do get a "teenage" behavior going between 1-2 years, and it can last awhile, so don't be overwhelmed when it turns on you, or suddenly acts like they have no intention of doing anything the way they did before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980