• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

New to tegus

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hello and welcome ...... There's definitely a vast amount of information on this site and plenty of people to help out if you don't find it.

Chris & Stitches

I got one almost a week ago.be ready to interact a lot and stay on top of temps.it has to be like smoking.a habit you always remember to go do every little while.set up your tank at least a week or two ahead and make sure you know what’s going to happen at night or even when you go to work.treat it as it has a lizard in it and Make adjustments so you’re positive he has a home you can upkeep.i have made the mistake of bringing home an animal to find out my enclosure would not hold up as is/ he could tear stuff up and hurt himself)not fun for you or the animal

Chris & Stitches

Also if you are starting it in a glass terrarium make sure to do a good shake test and make sure your lid lights and decorations are secure and will not easily fall/catch fire in case of earthquake or in my case kids which is a 24/7 earthquake more or less.if you are using a fogger with a tube like most plan to put an extra water dish under it to catch the cold dripping water and prevent excessive water in your enclosure(fog tubes constantly piss water)
Also it can be hard to maintain a basking spot for a tegu without having the light very close, red bricks are my tegus favorite spot to lay and they stay hot for a while so when he lays there under his belly doesent quickly cool down when he blocks the light.just think of everything and have a plan b for everything that matters

Chris & Stitches

Stitches has pigged out today he just moved off his bricks to hug his rock. I’ve noticed he has a few spots he always goes to to sleep out of the sun, I try not to disturb these couple areas and when I clean every other day I make sure to put them back exactly as they were

Attachments

• C16323C5-DC72-4596-89C9-B6036C52E89B.jpeg
    C16323C5-DC72-4596-89C9-B6036C52E89B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5

Godzilla Earth

It's great here. lots of friendly people. I recomend talking to Walter1, Debita, Alpha Alpha, and triple tegus. they know a LOT

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks Godzilla. I will say that I learn alot here as well.

Godzilla Earth

yup, Walter you have like 3-5 tegus right? yeah he's a real pro. me, I don't have one so take my advice with grain of salt because all I know is from learning, or my experiences with my crestie and kingsnake

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam