• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Newbie to the tegu world

Bobo9

B9562E0B-78FE-471F-BDD3-A3FE4DDF35C8.jpeg B049B961-E752-4173-8B48-3EB66962D7DD.jpeg got my baby yesterday been lookin for a while now. Argentina red tegu named it blaze don’t kno sex yet. AT first he is feisty when holding them calms down with lil rubs lol. Always up for suggestions and tips

Attachments

• 474CF977-EA96-454C-991D-33646F4B6C20.jpeg
    474CF977-EA96-454C-991D-33646F4B6C20.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
let him settle into his surrounding for a week ..... moving house lock stock and barrel is a big thing and stressful for any animal.

Bobo9

let him settle into his surrounding for a week ..... moving house lock stock and barrel is a big thing and stressful for any animal.
What do you mean stock and barrel.. I have him n a 60 gallon tank with 2 tree branches and a hide spot

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If you've just got him he will be in a new tank probably on different substrate with different hides and ornaments with water in different place and on a different diet with a different view out of the window and another person/unknown caring for his every move ..... Its a massive change in other words and it's better in the long run to just slow it down a little

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Definitely a beauty! Still young enough not to feel those claws yet! Good luck! They do take some time to settle down. Good to get him young - I think he'll get used to you quicker. At least that was my story - I have a 2 yr old that was ridiculously feisty when I got him at a year old, and a baby (4 months now) that doesn't seem anywhere near as apt to lash out at me. Good luck! Lots of good info here - I trust Alpha Alpha, and Walter1. Lizard people - they won't steer you wrong.

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
What a compliment coming from you....thanks. I look to your advice and correction. It's been over a year since my first, and now I know that I know a little. :)

Bobo9

Definitely a beauty! Still young enough not to feel those claws yet! Good luck! They do take some time to settle down. Good to get him young - I think he'll get used to you quicker. At least that was my story - I have a 2 yr old that was ridiculously feisty when I got him at a year old, and a baby (4 months now) that doesn't seem anywhere near as apt to lash out at me. Good luck! Lots of good info here - I trust Alpha Alpha, and Walter1. Lizard people - they won't steer you wrong.
Thanks EVERYBODY I appreciate all the help this forum has been big for me and I’m living my baby everyday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602