• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Newbie with a Hatchling

DHoff24250

Hello everyone.
I am a newbie with a hatchling BW. I was wondering if anyone would care to share some dietary recipes theyve used for Hatchlings. Aside from the crickets and dubais and such.
Also discovered D3 in the calcium is not needed with sufficient UVB so have to change that up and that the hairs of mice can cause impactions so moderate the mouse intake with adequate time between mice for passing of hairs.
Please feel free to tell me I am wrong. As I said I am new and love the help and information for seasoned owners.

I attached pics of my little Baku. These pics were taken within the first 3 hours of him being home.
I have him in a 75 gallon tank while building his enclosure. He in on paper at the moment and will change that as he gets into his new place.

Basking bulb above a ceramic tile with a small platform. A 24" 10.0 t8 linear bulb over the tank.
I still have to wrap the tank lid still to help with Humidity.

He walked around the tank exploring the space yesterday. Seemed to be comfortable in the space. I think I may have tried to hard to hold him on day one. I hope not but he was very squirmy. Very strong for his size and fast... I was afraid of him getting away from me and not being able to catch him and didnt want to grip him to hard.

I hope, with time, he get less squirmy when I pick him up because I just want to get that bond building going and I think I was too ambitious with starting.

Thanks for reading....

Respectfully,
Dan

Attachments

• 20190709_155314.jpg
    20190709_155314.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
  • 20190709_113445.jpg
    20190709_113445.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 80
  • 20190709_113431.jpg
    20190709_113431.jpg
    914.5 KB · Views: 67

Mich lady

He is cutie pie. I too am a new tegu owner. I've had him a month. He is a juvenile. And he squirms when I hold him too. But I handle him every day. And I give him free roam in my bedroom. He goes in and out of his enclosure as he feels like it. At night I put him in the enclosure to sleep.it takes,time for them to get used to u. Hope u enjoy a long friendship with him .

DHoff24250

He is cutie pie. I too am a new tegu owner. I've had him a month. He is a juvenile. And he squirms when I hold him too. But I handle him every day. And I give him free roam in my bedroom. He goes in and out of his enclosure as he feels like it. At night I put him in the enclosure to sleep.it takes,time for them to get used to u. Hope u enjoy a long friendship with him .
Thank you and same to you....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602