• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Niles...argentine blk and wht tegu...tricks me again!

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2[attachment=6529]once again he has tricked me! Woke up...i misted him and gave him a few crickets. Nope! Not interested. A few laps of water, a 1 minute bask, and back to bed! Grrrrr

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361562598212.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361562598212.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 41

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
While he's hibernating yes. Once he's up he's going into his 6x3x3 . Don't judge his friend. (The stuffed alligator) he likes to lay on it to bask sometimes.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Yes i guess... i know he has an empty belly because did that whole process...fasting and eliminating etc. His tail reserve kinda looks like nearing the 'end ' so honestly i want him to wake up and eat. But he's still to groggy. I may just transfer him into his big enclosure soon whether or not he is really "up " because it is so close to march anyway...and i want to try and "encourage " the end of his hibernation. Nervous mom that I am it's my first tegu AND first hibernation. Ugh

By the way the white area he is on is where his heat pad is so I like to cover that w paper towels.i know it all looks weird but trust me he is not being neglected or kept in a tiny cage.haha. it is a temp 'bed ' actually only while he's asleep. Which he has been since oct. Ugh.

bfb345

I feel bad for you Chubbs is awake but he slowed down a bit but that's just caused he is still stressed from shipping lol awesome gu though

*because

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Dont worry, he will come around. My Zilla is weird but similar, she waits for me to wake her up (or she wont get up at all) I have to pick her up and put her under the basking lamp. But then she lays there and warms up, and then spends all day exploring and climbing, and eating like a beast.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
So yours hibernated? Or you have to do that on a regular basis?

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Omg so cute. Poking his head out of one of his shredded paper towel piles. :) hope he 'wakes up! ' soon. I'm telling you, try this with your tegus. Put a pile of shredded paper towels in a corner or box and watch what they do. Mmmmm<3

[attachment=6560]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361986916106.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361986916106.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 27

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members