• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Not acting herself

Charlie5896

I have a 6 month old tegu which I have had for about 3 months now. She was doing great till about last week when she was not acting herself. She is refusing food and acting really lethargic and now she will take the food and drop it and then not pick it back up. She has a basking bulb and a uvb. There have been no problems with her passing. I have also not seen her drink from her bowl but she may be doing it whilst I am not there.
image.jpg

IrieRogue

It is possible she is going into a semi-brumation. My only concern at this point would be parasites. She looks very healthy, I would just keep an eye on her, continue offering food and fresh water, and if she doesn't lose any weight and resumes eating within the next couple weeks you'll be in the clear. If you begin to notice a loss of body mass, to the vet Pronto. I wouldn't worry too much just yet, however, there are a number of reasons for a tegu to refuse food at this age, and especially this time of year. I wish you luck and blessings ♡

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
If she's active, but not eating - that's a problem, but if she's mostly sleeping, then she's either thinking about brumating, or partially in it. When they are in brumation, they're kind of interested in eating, but then walk away. I had a male that had a blockage, and he got very lethargic and sick in the middle of warm weather. After the blockage was removed, he slowly came back to normal over about 2 months. When the problem was it's worst, his tongue was grey, instead of pink. You could check that too - if they're brumating their tongues are still a healthy pink.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced