• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Not burrowing

Tommyg

So I’ve had my boy boris for a few months now he’s eating well shedding well and he’s a big boy for only being 8 month he’s a little over 2 feet like all tegus he usually burrows himself to go to bed but recently after going to a bioactive substrate he’s just sleeping above ground now is this just him getting more comfortable living here or does he hate his substrate?

Tiigu

No one, not even lizards, likes bugs in their beds. ;)

if the temps and humidity are good, maybe he just doesn’t feel like burrowing? Mine usually burrows, but she has her “off days” when she naps in the open. As long as the lizard eats well, and looks healthy, and otherwise acts ok, I wouldn’t be concerned. I’ve had reptiles for decades and I still don’t claim to know what goes on in their scaly minds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602