• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Not eating

Ryan Welham

Hello all, wondering if anyone could help me out, I have recently bought a tegu about a month ago, he/she is about 1 year old, the owner I got him off said that it was eating everyday without fail but at the moment it only eats every few days which I suspected at first and thought he would begin to eat every day through time but nothing seems to be changing, is this normal or am I right thinking something might be wrong? Any help much appreciated.

Griffin

It’s December and she is 1 years old, chances are this is not her first hibernation and she’s slowing down because she may hibernate.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Juveniles eat far more regular than sub adults so the change in care and ownership could have sparked this change or it could be settling down for hibernation like Griffin says.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Individuals vary in duration and degree of brumation. Until you see him scratching around looking for food, keep him cool and provide a cooler basking temp for a few hrs per day at other end of enclosure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam