• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Oh, the humidity!

Tiigu

So I have my baby all set up in her enclosure, and have a fogger bought from Amazon keeping the humidity between 70-80%. In the morning I mist with a squirt bottle bringing the humidity to 90%-100% to simulate the morning dew. My question is, do you keep the 70% constantly, or is it ok to have the humidity drop as the day goes on? My house has a natural humidity of 40%, so it’ll never drop below that, and my girl is usually buried by noon, so she stays nice and moist all day.

I’m going through a gallon of distilled water a day, which adds up fast, and if I can just put it on timers to raise the humidity in the morning hours and drop in the afternoons, I’ll be happier.

Acre

I've been using a thick layer of cypress mulch. I just dump water in it. It's wet on the bottom, a bit wet in the middle and dry on top. The Tegus are burying themselves at night and for part of the day to whatever moisture level they want. So far they look good - no having to peel sheds off toes or tails. Lustrous appearance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makit5744