1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Out door enclosure

Discussion in 'Tegu Enclosures' started by beardeddragon111, Mar 16, 2018.

1. beardeddragon111

beardeddragon111 Active Member

I've talked about it a lot and haven't really gotten to do it, but now I have a good chance to get the tegu outdoors this summer. Down here in Alabama we have a really nice environment for the tegu. We had some turkeys that lived outdoors and don't have them anymore and now are left with this enclosure. Of course it's In no condition for a tegu right now, chicken wire, not floor, etc. But I was wondering if any of you think it's of use? Or should instant from scratch? The frame is made of 1x6s and I don't know if that's good enough to keep a tegu in. Ours in particular is destructive so I may just start new anyway[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
  2. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

What are its floor dimensions?
  3. beardeddragon111

6x6x3 feet. I have some panels to make it a 12x6x3 though, and could build a base for more height.

4. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

If it's sturdy and easy for you to retrieve tegu, looks good to me. For ease on your part, might considet a walk-in.
  5. Zyn

Zyn Active Member

Looks fine look at underground reptiles outdoor enclosure video looks about the same. Only
    Thing to consider is having part of it covered for shade and maybe make it dig proof so they can't dig out
  6. beardeddragon111

I'm thinking I'll build a base under it to provide some shade and enough high for me to walk in. Gonna cover the whole thing in a layer of welded wire as well because I know he'll tire through chicken wire.