• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

outside enclosure in Vancouver Washington

timemeddler

looking into the viability of an outdoor enclosure for summer, I was wondering if our climate would have the neccessary uvb, also the humidity tends to get dry over the summer, at least in the afternoon. Also the wife was wondering if a greenhouse enclosure would be practicall. I can always keep a powersun bulb out there for uvb, or just leave an opening with an exposed basking spot. Any thoughts?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So a greenhouse would probably be perfect for humidity and temperature but the glass will filter out any UVB.
For UVB you need direct, unadulterated sunlight. What are your average daytime highs like in the summer? Anything less than 85 and sunny and I probably wouldn't leave him exposed to the elements.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced