• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Peach Spotted Argentine Tegu?!!

Piercedcub32

Hey guys, endlessly caught in a youtube loop I found this weeks "snakebytes" episode, and in it is a Peach spotted tegu! Red x BW only 4 in the world! BEAUTIFUL! Its about 1/2 way through the clip. Bobby you gonna try and breed some of these?! lol.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SnakeBytesTV?feature=grec_index

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Cool looking tegu, but Reds x B&w are nothing new. Just got some lighter coloring from the red. But still beautiful animal

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's a Red and Black hybrid,.. nothing rare about it,.. it's been done for quite some time. I'm sure he was just repeating what he was told about it. Since Reds range from bright almost blood red to peach, why would a black and red be any different.

It's all marketing to get more money for them.

Also if there's only four in the world like he said,.. then how are they selling them over on tegu terra?

http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=9546&page=2#axzz1acYXCoyD

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Isn't Johnny LaRocca the dude that claimed to breed Bert's tegus but couldn't ever show proof? And Bert's passed...really makes it hard to believe...

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
kellen.watkins - I am working on that, just got to get settled into the new place and find a female extreme. We'll see

As for the red and black isn't there one on kingsnake right now and i have seen them locally as well. This would be wierd to see some many if there are only 4 in the world.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
chelvis said:
kellen.watkins - I am working on that, just got to get settled into the new place and find a female extreme. We'll see

As for the red and black isn't there one on kingsnake right now and i have seen them locally as well. This would be wierd to see some many if there are only 4 in the world.

Too bad we both got males, m looking for a female blue to do the same, i think it'd be great to see how different those 2 clutches would look

La-Price

we've got 2 extremes (1.1)`and 1 blue (1.0) (that being Ace has tegus :p) but i dunno if he'll breed Lacuna and Alkaline. Pretty sure onlu Lacuna and Aiden when there of age

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Ya I had the chance now twice to get ahold of an extrem female but one time my dog had to go to the vet for a leg injury the next the car broke down, so no money = no tegu. So the hunt is on, maybe next year.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
chelvis said:
Ya I had the chance now twice to get ahold of an extrem female but one time my dog had to go to the vet for a leg injury the next the car broke down, so no money = no tegu. So the hunt is on, maybe next year.

Hey...I know a guy with a yearling extreme female...

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Are they willing to sell? I was talking to someone about a female caiman lizard but they are getting more and more common right now. PM or post any contact you got. Oh are they willing to ship I should ask?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980