• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Pet Paradise Virginia Beach, VA

tresh

Today I went to a tiny little pet store called Pet Paradise, in Virginia Beach, Virginia. And I have to say, I was impressed. They have two full-grown male tegus that were just as happy as can be. Both of them incredibly tame and friendly, just walking around the store. I saw small children actually able to go up and pet them.

This place was small, but it had some beautiful reptiles! And they all looked wonderfully healthy. I talked for awhile with a young guy working there who apparently has four tegus that wander around his home. He told me to bring my girl in and they'll help me with some of our issues (her nails are very long and she has decided she does not want me to touch them). He offered to clip them free of charge.

He took the time to explain to me about some of the other things I can be feeding her, like roaches. It was just a very informative visit.

They have a beautiful juvenile red tegu there right now...just a baby and not very social, but wonderful in color. I wanted to take that one home with me!

But yeah, I wanted to post about this place and let people know how well they know their tegus and how friendly they were there. While I was there, someone else brought in their tegu and the people there were fawning all over the tegu.

It was funny watching one of the adult ones come waddling up to the front of the shop. So tame that he just let himself be scooped up and carried off, without a tailwhip or anything. I can only hope that as my Ammy grows, she'll be that tame.

AP27

Good to know. That place is not too far off from where I will eventually be moving, so it's nice to know there's a good shop that knows reptiles and tegus where I'll be going. :) thanks for posting this.

anelk002

5 Year Member
Yea that place is awesome. I got my original tegu there when I was in high school. Its small but has a really good selection. I prefer them over animal jungle by far even though they r smaller

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced