• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Pick a gecko?

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If you where to pick what Gecko would the best for a pet?
Cause i have never owned anything but house geckos..and i really am not in liking of geckos to be honest.. but i would like to know why you guys like the ones you do!

jimski427

5 Year Member
depends on what you are looking for in a pet. my favorites are tokays. they are awesome and aggressive. i personally like the quality. i also like leachies, because they get huge. then i would say cresteds becuase they look cool and are really friendly and interesting to watch at night. those are my 3 top ones, i like pretty much all of them.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm into the Rhac family, obviously! I would go with a Leachie, Crested or Chahoua. In that order, although I don't own any Leachies ATM because they are wicked expensive.

Gargolyes are another option.

Stenodactylus petrii and Stenodactylus sthenodactylus are something else I would be interested down the line. Very hard to come by though.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was thinking about getting a crestie just for a pet, not breeding..
so if anyone can point me into the right direction on where to buy one, that would be great!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What are you looking for? Any particular morph? Male/female? I will be having an adult male for sale soon. Hatched last year.

Lexi

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I dont really care about sex, or morph.. just would like a Crested gecko lol

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hatchling/adult? This is the one I will be offering in the next month give or take.
PICT0026.jpg

PICT0001-8.jpg
PM me if your interested.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
$100 + shipping, unless you can pick up in NJ. I have more info on the animal. Can give details when I get home from work.

However, you can get a pet quality Crested from most Petco/Petsmarts or a mom and pop shop for around $50.

Most breeders wholesale to them. You could also check Pangea forum trade section for some good deals if you just want a pet one.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I haven't seen a gecko species that I didn't like. Although I do think I am going to sell mine. Leo breeders and the Cresties. I've been bitten by the Boa bug .

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
How are the cresties as far as temperment and handling. I thought geckos didn't like to be handled. I would be interested in the crestie as well puffdragon and harveysherps.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
What I wanted to do is sell the whole group of geckos I have. I have 9 Leos and 2 cresties. There are Tangs , SHCTB, Albino Giants and a couple normalsPlus the 2 cresties for $300 Plus shipping.

BOOSTFEEN

5 Year Member
Well I'm not really into the leos since I've had so many but how much for the 2 cresties and how big are they. Are they handable. What kind of set up do they need. Do you have any pics

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Kazzy said:
For a PET, I'd say a leopard gecko. Very cute, very easy, and don't mind handling.

I agree. Leos are soooo easy. Cresties are nice too.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
I only have 2 Cresties at the moment. I gave one to a friend of mines daughter. Ones is 5 times the size of the other. Both eat but one is really out growing the other. I'd rather just throw them in as a prize for someone who buys the Bunch. That way I don't have anything left to feed bugs too. I am also going to sell my colony of Discoid roaches. I'm going to start specializing in Boas . Albinos more so than normals. I'm down sizing so I can spend my full attention with my snakes. I am only going to keep around 6 to 8 Boas and keep things small and High end. I want to get my rat collection going strong again and start selling some rats too. I plan on buying a pair of Tegus soon. Since I am the only one here who doesn't have one. LOL So Boas and a pair of Tegus will be my next on going projects.

Harveysherps

5 Year Member
There are some pics of the cresties on the forum but th pic are older. I'll have to take some pics of the others. There are as follows.
2.0 SHCTB males
0.3 Hypo Tang females
0.2 Normal females
1.0 Albino Tremper Giant ( has some toes missing but is a beautiul gecko)
1.0 Albino Tang male
0.0.1 Crestie Cream Colored Dalmation almost has a flame thing going.( missing tail)
0.0.1 Crestie Harley light colored kinda chocalate looking. I'm not sure. I'll get pics and post them.
All the Leos are laying and breeding. The cresties are less than a year old. They weren't cared for the best in the world before I got them. These geckos should bring way more than what I am asking. I'll get some pics and post them up later.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam