• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Playing or not?

Alexandria Nelson

My tegu did something new today and I’m confused if he was just playing or what. Since he’s small I always let him out to wander around in a bathroom while I sit with him. Today he started crouching really low on two legs then would stand really high on the other two. Then all of a sudden he started doing this wiggling thing while running. Has anyone else experienced this? He’s the first tegu I’ve owned so I’m not sure of a lot.

Alexandria Nelson

Yes his front feet were low. I thought it was weird too. The only time I’d seen him stand tall like that was when the dog he doesn’t like is in the room his enclosure is in. The running thing only happened when he first came home. Maybe a noise spooked him?

bocacash

5 Year Member
Little confused by your description of his leg positions. Do you mean he stood up on his big hind legs...with his small front legs in the air...and ran in that position for a bit ? If so, that is a normal, high speed attack/getaway run mode for a Tegu in the wild ! I had one about 10 years ago that almost got away from me doing that ! Never had seen it before...surprised me at how FAST he moved !

Rusty7486

5 Year Member
The only time I've ever seen any reptile fully extend their back legs and keep the front legs low is when they're about to poop.

Perhaps he was preparing to go when something spooked him?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced