• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Please, help identify the gender

Flaany

Hello! I have 2 black and white tegu. When purchased, they were identified as male and female.
But today the woman has definitely become a man. I saw his hemepenis.
However, they get along well with each other.
Therefore, I have suspicions that the second male may be a female. Although this is not accurate. maybe they get along well because they haven't gone through puberty yet.

the male whose hemepenis I saw
IMG_8433.JPG

male (which I really hope is actually a female. although from the photo I also think that this is a male)
IMG_8430.JPG

IMG_8431.JPG

If I have two males, can they live together? I wanted to have two friendly tegus. It was not a prerequisite to have offspring. I think male and female would definitely get along. But what if I have two males

Stellalife1

Hello! I have 2 black and white tegu. When purchased, they were identified as male and female.
But today the woman has definitely become a man. I saw his hemepenis.
However, they get along well with each other.
Therefore, I have suspicions that the second male may be a female. Although this is not accurate. maybe they get along well because they haven't gone through puberty yet.

the male whose hemepenis I saw
View attachment 16350

male (which I really hope is actually a female. although from the photo I also think that this is a male)
View attachment 16351
View attachment 16352

If I have two males, can they live together? I wanted to have two friendly tegus. It was not a prerequisite to have offspring. I think male and female would definitely get along. But what if I have two males
You can tell if they are male by feeling the side of the coacloa(sp) if male, you will feel a ball on either side that feels like a BB under the skin juveniles usually do well together but keep a close eye! After puberty, there is a big debate over keeping multiple tegus housed together.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam