• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Please help smudge!

Smudgie the tegu

Hey guys. My name is Carly and Smudge is about 6 month old red tegu. I got him from a pet store, I trusted and observed their care for a while now. I think I was wrong. I have had Smudge for 2 weeks today, and already had to take him to the vet this last Friday. So I noticed smudge limping and not using his front right leg on Tuesday. But he was still eating and pooping fine. I called the pet store right away and their reptile guy helped talk me through things and the uvb bulb I had was too small for the tank so I immediately bought a ballast light with a larger uvb bulb. I fed him pinkies occasionally, crickets mostly and some hornworms/wax/ super worms as treats. I use repetitive calcium supplement with d3 and lots of other vitamins. He gets offered various vegetables daily. So back to his toe, upon further examination on Wednesday when I was on the phone with the vet, I saw his toe nail was bent completely sideways and the tip was just slightly inflamed. So I though that was the culprit. We took him to the Friday and everything looked good. The toe nail fell off and we got inflammation medicine but no x-rays were done and no further tests done. Yesterday (Saturday) day after the vet I noticed his back leg looks a little "saggy skin" and he wa seeming to have difficulties using it? Dragging it or limping. I'm not sure if that's him compensating for his front leg still being an issue or if this is a new issue. I just want him to be okay and feel better. He is still eating fine and wants to chase crickets around. Though I try to tong feed him he is still young and not used to being held so im not sure what is best to do. Please help) :

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Wow - that's a lot of wrong. It sounds like the vet was a good idea, and that maybe he's getting injured in his tank somehow? I would check into that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602