• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Please help! Tegu has gone under the floor boards!

Rebeccam

Yesterday evening, I took my tegu out to go to the toilet as part of her normal routine. She is 8 months old and has been a little skittish due to puberty I think? Anyway she managed to crawl through a small hole through the back of the toilet (which she’s never been near before) and bolted to the back of the bath- the bath is all tiled up so we couldn’t just open it and get her. We could hear her all night long moving around but this morning have heard nothing. Weve managed to rip the floor boards up and break a bath tile to get her out but still no luck-

we’ve also left her substrate, food, water and light down the floor boards and still can’t see or hear her. Does any one have any suggestions...

LizardStudent

That's so awful, I'm sorry for the stressful situation. Something similar happened with mine, but we were able to break a board to get to her and she couldn't go very far. The only advice I can give is trying to lure her out with something like a warm mouse, if you know what "braining" the mouse is (often done for picky snakes, they can't resist) you could try doing that and dangling above the hole she's at, if she doesn't come out then leave it on a plate near the hole trying to draw her out. Otherwise, I find that if my teg roams around the house, she will ALWAYS seek out and try to find heat above all. Perhaps setting up a basking light in the bathroom on the floor would help as well. If she comes out for the mouse at some point, she'll want to bask after eating I'd bet

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Good advice from lizardstudent - first thing I thought of was food and a bask lamp outside the area where she crawled in. Most of the members on this forum have had good luck with that. Very hard for them to resist the basking lamp heat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980