• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

please vote

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
do you for your 1 year + tegu ??

A) let it vacate its Viv on its own to free roam ??

or

B) lift it out of the Viv it's Viv to free roam??

Zyn

B i wouldn't say i forced handling but I didn't shy away from it. If I was going in after him he knew it. He'll take a frozen rat right out of my hand gentle as could be

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
cheers for your imput guys..... the problem, well its not really a problem is..... If I pick up Alpha to vacate his viv which is easily done as he walks on my hand to come out but as soon as he knows hes totally out he scrambles to be free, now I hold him till he stops as I don't want him thinking that if he scrambles in my arms ill put him down but this causes the reaction of when I do put him down he wanders straight to a hide and makes himself comfy (I do this 90% of the time)......Where as if I let him out by just opening his door and letting him free roam he explores for a while until something freaks him.....

So do you think carry on lifting him out and his nerves will settle with age and he'll become less reluctant to straight away to hide??

Zyn

Yeah Sev does this if he's anywhere larger than our bathroom. Sounds like an age/size thing they'll get more comfortable the bigger they get I'm thinking.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah Sev does this if he's anywhere larger than our bathroom. Sounds like an age/size thing they'll get more comfortable the bigger they get I'm thinking.
I agree. Larger and more experienced they become, the less apt they are to frighten easily.

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
cool I think I'll carry on as I am then cause I want him to be as tame as possible and him having to come to me to vacate his viv works in both our favours.:D:D:tegu:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam