• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Plywood Types?

keyyon

So I plan on making a 60in x30in x54in enclosure for my monitor and saw osb isnt favorable but what if you coat it in polyurethane? is it then okay to use?

Merlot

I don’t know man I do a lot of wood staining and clear coating on my guns and I have a very keen nose and can still have a little hint of scent on some refinished or newly finished wood long after application and curing sometimes. You would have to let that sucker air dry ALOT and be very meticulous on your coatings on thickness of application and frequency, to how to you wipe and all that in between. I wouldn’t use a commercial product I don’t think unless someone can school me on this with reptiles. I would say natural linseed oil/boiled linseed oil, or REAL tung oil but I’d be weary of the scent a little too even though they are natural products if you get the right stuff. Some polyurethane dry quick and have little to no scent but the monitor will prob have sensory overload. I’ve been mulling this over too for my tegu, I’m going to temporarily get
A big grow tent for an enclosure to move my guy out his current spot. I’m looking into PVC sheets for moisture control/antifungal/bacteria. I hope this helps lol as I’m thinking a mile a minute right now

Mamasaurus

I wouldn't use it tbh. Any chemical that strong freaks me out. I use PVC sheets but melamine works too just doesn't last forever like PVC. Any chemical like that can leach into their skin and the high humidity level too would scare me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced