• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

poop

anelk002

5 Year Member
How often should a 2 month old tegu poop? Very random but I've had mine for 2 weeks and has only pooped three times and one was only a bit from a soak I gave him today.

Logie_Bear

My girl eats and poops every day at least once. Has since I got her home.

But how much does your gu eat? Intake is gonna match the output, ya know? :D

anelk002

5 Year Member
He eats everyday. Thats what I am thinking. He doesnt eat as much as usual though like take a few bites then stop. Im just worried he might be impacted he ate a little bit of mulch monday and has not eaten as much since then. He did poop a little bit today in the tub though so idk. :/

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If he isn't eating a lot then he won't be pooping a lot. Are you able to handle him much yet? If he allows it, you can feel his belly for any hard spots, that could indicate poop. How is his fluid intake? Does his poop appear normal, runny, etc.?
I'm almost positive Guru pooped every day to every other day when he was smaller depending on what and how much he ate. Now that hes older I don't feed him every day but he still poops the day after a meal. Try soaking your tegu the next couple days, the warm water helps encourage BMs. It is possible you are unable to see his small poops in the mulch or that he is eating them. Sometimes animals will eat their poop to get rid of the "evidence" they are there, other times its from poor nutrition.

anelk002

5 Year Member
The basking temps in the center of the rock maxs at 115. I got him two weeks ago so he still doesn't like being handled I fed him raspberries today tp give him some fiber to help which he ate. But I feed him ground meats from hare today bones and all pinkies but haven't in a week and superworms. Ima give him pinkies tomorrow bc I can tell exactly Hell eat of those to get a better idea if maybe he's just being picky or just not eating.

Diablo

5 Year Member
I've been having this also. I've seen yoshi poop everyday for about 4 days in a row, then skips a day, then poops again. Today I didn't find any but I think the eco earth may be hiding it...it's hard to tell but I almost ALWAYS see urates.

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member
mine poops everyday and even when i dont feed him he still poops theres days that he poops two to three times in one day so your lucky less crap to clean lololol

anelk002

5 Year Member
He pooped he pooped!!! Lol haven't been this happy to see poop before lol. There was some mulch in it so he probably had a small impaction but he looks good now.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
If your tegu is not pooping but still eating, try a couple of drops of olive oil mixed in with his food. Mine hadn't pooped for a while and about a day and a half after getting some olive oil in him, he dropped a stool about the size of his head.

anelk002

5 Year Member
Well he finally did. He just started eating less and less but today after pooping ate 4 pinkies and 15 superworms. I think ill give him more fruits to give him fiber to help. I gave him raspberries yesterday that he ate that I think helped.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
anelk002 said:
Well he finally did. He just started eating less and less but today after pooping ate 4 pinkies and 15 superworms. I think ill give him more fruits to give him fiber to help. I gave him raspberries yesterday that he ate that I think helped.

Next time, try Fleet's Phospho Soda. But try it on yourself frst. Just make sure that you don't have to be anywhere for like 2 1/2 hours.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam