1. Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email josh@tegutalk.com!
    Dismiss Notice

Pooping but Bloated?

Discussion in 'General Tegu Discussion' started by Tucker, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Tucker

Tucker Member

Hey y’all I’m a little concerned about Bender. He’s been pooping on a regular basis but lately they’ve been very watery and he is starting to look bloated. Has anyone dealt with this before and should I be concerned? Diet hasn’t changed, he eats ground turkey with mashed hard boiled eggs (with shell) and the occasional kiwi (only fruit I can get him to eat) 4-5 Times a week. About once a week I will throw in a small frozen thawed rat.

Here’s a pic, maybe I’m just being paranoid and imagining that hes

Attached Files:

2. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

Hard to tell. How does Bender's stomach feel to the touch?

Also, ditch the egg shells from the mix.
  3. Tucker

Tucker Member

His stomach feels soft, if I push in a little on his left side I can feel something a little firmer but not what I would call hard. He doesn’t seem to be in any discomfort when I do so either. Also, I thought the eggshells were good for calcium, is that wrong?
  4. Walter1

Walter1 Moderator Staff Member 1,000+ Post Club

In general, yes, but not chicken eggshells. Rather, dust with Calcium powder.

I'm not a veterinarian, so I suggest a qualified vet for lizards. With that said, what you describe does not sound like a problem.
    Tucker likes this.
  5. dpjm

dpjm Active Member 5 Year Member

I would also suggest a vet visit, if x-ray doesn't show anything you may want to see an ultrasound.