• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Pooping but Bloated?

Tucker

Hey y’all I’m a little concerned about Bender. He’s been pooping on a regular basis but lately they’ve been very watery and he is starting to look bloated. Has anyone dealt with this before and should I be concerned? Diet hasn’t changed, he eats ground turkey with mashed hard boiled eggs (with shell) and the occasional kiwi (only fruit I can get him to eat) 4-5 Times a week. About once a week I will throw in a small frozen thawed rat.

Here’s a pic, maybe I’m just being paranoid and imagining that hes

Attachments

• FF6BE637-B2B5-4972-AA98-29644C350721.jpeg
    FF6BE637-B2B5-4972-AA98-29644C350721.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 33
  • 26D7C9F9-A78F-4A27-AB68-8AFA85A3CB04.jpeg
    26D7C9F9-A78F-4A27-AB68-8AFA85A3CB04.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 21

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hard to tell. How does Bender's stomach feel to the touch?

Also, ditch the egg shells from the mix.

Tucker

Also, ditch the egg shells from the mix.

His stomach feels soft, if I push in a little on his left side I can feel something a little firmer but not what I would call hard. He doesn’t seem to be in any discomfort when I do so either. Also, I thought the eggshells were good for calcium, is that wrong?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
In general, yes, but not chicken eggshells. Rather, dust with Calcium powder.

I'm not a veterinarian, so I suggest a qualified vet for lizards. With that said, what you describe does not sound like a problem.

dpjm

5 Year Member
I would also suggest a vet visit, if x-ray doesn't show anything you may want to see an ultrasound.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602