• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Problem with Raausti eating.

MakeyourIPATH

Well first of all he eats fine, but once in a while he eats wood bark,( forest floor bedding from zoo med) and also eats moss ( zoo med as well). When I see him tring to eat this stuff I'll try to get it away from him, i would say like 75% of the time I succesfully remove the item, but sometimes he'll run off inside his log and get away with it, should I be worried about impaction? Or is this normal behavior? Seeing as this reptiles eat everything!
image.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Have you actually seen him swallow anything large? If you have reason to believe he could become obstructed, I would take him to a vet. If he occasionally swallows a small piece of sphagnum moss, that will probably run through him without any harm. Use your best judgement and if something in particular seems to be a choking/swallowing hazard then it is probably best to remove it from the enclosure...

tinouTHEdino

my first tegu used to eat the cypress mulch where he pooped after he ate egg yolk..... he passed a wood chip the size of a pinky, he was about a year old.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602