• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Prolapse

Kimchi.Eli

my Tegu recently had a prolapse it was minor but I took him to the vet. They tried pushing it back in several times and it kept sliding back out. So the vet put in two sutras to hold it in. He got it taken out today and it looks like it is coming out again.. vet said it could just be swollen but to me it looks like it is back out. She said to continue with the medicine that will help with swelling and to come back in two weeks if it's still prolapsed we will have to go through with the procedure again ...

She didn't really give me many other options but I feel like it's just gunna keep happening

It's expensive which isn't a problem unless we have to keep doing this every two weeks and also it puts him through stress and unneeded pain if this isn't working.

We ruled out parasites, and he gets plenty of calcium supplements and has a uvb tube light in his tank so it shouldn't be a calcium issue ..

Anyone else go through anything like this ? I feel stuck in a tough situation and don't really know what to do at this point. The vet has been helpful but makes it seem like he needs to keep getting stitches until it stays back in I'm just nervous about that keeping on failing ?

I picked up raw honey and ky jelly to apply I'm gunna call tomorrow and ask her opinion about that but until then I'm not sure what else to do, -any advice please I have kind of been freaking out about this a lil much I have never dealt with this before with any of my lizards

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam