• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Quail Egg + Shell?

Styx

I picked up some quail eggs at the store while I was shopping for the tegu and I was planning to soft boil them and chop them up for him. Should I leave the shell in for him to eat, or peel it first? I thought I could feed it to him, the shell, but I just wanted to make sure.

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Leave the shell on. Not only is it an excellent source of calcium, but it provides your tegu with some enrichment as they have to work to tear into the egg. I have seen Kodo swallow just hunks of shell sometimes, so it's not going to hurt your tegu to leave it on.

DaLoaner

When i feed hard boiled eggs(chicken), i always take the shell off...soo i can leave the shell on and it'd be ok??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kam