• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Question About Tegu Hiding

saucethetegu

I threw 2 of my shirts in the enclosure and my Colombian loves them. However, she hides in one of the shirts pretty much full time now. She only came out for an hour yesterday and not at all today (its 330 pm). Should I pull the shirts out for 4 or 5 hours each day so she gets basking and UVB time?

firfy

I would recommend not removing the shirts, and if she is pretty tame with you, it might be ok just to wake her up, so it is up to you, she is gonna have to come up sometime to eat, so I wouldnt worry to much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Leave the shirts in ..... Alpha is also a lazy boy and loves chilling in his hide for a couple of days on and off..... I just leave him to it or if I want him out I talk to him so he knows its me, tickle his head to see if hes grumpy or not (usually he'll try to avoid my finger if hes not in the mood very rare though), then dig him out, hes quite used to me now and never shows any aggression

battyrubble

5 Year Member
Mine lives under a 5lb pile of plush and satin fabric with a heaty rock on the side, will pig out, bask for an hour, play for like 5 min then goes to bed for a few days. After 2-3 days I'll lift up the pile and ask him if he wants to come out, a bunch of fast huffs means F*k off, a slow huff and a tongue means pick me up I have to poop and snack. We have been doing this for 3 years now once we understood each I never worry

saucethetegu

Mine lives under a 5lb pile of plush and satin fabric with a heaty rock on the side, will pig out, bask for an hour, play for like 5 min then goes to bed for a few days. After 2-3 days I'll lift up the pile and ask him if he wants to come out, a bunch of fast huffs means F*k off, a slow huff and a tongue means pick me up I have to poop and snack. We have been doing this for 3 years now once we understood each I never worry

ahaha this is awesome I love it

Paul Longmuir

I threw 2 of my shirts in the enclosure and my Colombian loves them. However, she hides in one of the shirts pretty much full time now. She only came out for an hour yesterday and not at all today (its 330 pm). Should I pull the shirts out for 4 or 5 hours each day so she gets basking and UVB time?
Hi,
Definitely leave him be. He feels safe there. Depending on how big it is wait a day or so. Put some food near by. BTY, Colombians get a bad rap. Build trust and you’ll have the best reptile possible.

I have a large black out curtain on a mat on the floor with large java woods on top so he can squeeze under the wood under the curtain so he feels secure, he gets up about 9 am to sun and eat for 3 hours and he goes back under that’s his everyday routine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980