• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Ragu's Follow Up (prolapse con't)

Guman

Just got home from another 5 hr. Drive to see the exotics team at CSU. His stitches have been removed from his vent and he had a great visit. He has Not had another prolapse since the 28th of last month :) I am so happy that he is doing so much better. Unless we have more problems he does not need to go back. Well, not until next year, then we will do another xray and check to see how his bones are looking. He has been getting pinkies, fuzzy's, none grain dog foods, and veggies. Tomorrow a order will arrive from Hare Today. It has ground sardeens, chicken feet, organ meat, whole chicks, and ground whole quail. He has been getting cod liver oil and is on his second shead. Which this last shead has been his easiest since he was a baby. Only a few shots left in his antibiotic treatment.

Question: for the ones who feed cod liver oil how much and how offter do give the oil. I have been doing one softgel capsule opened per mouse 1-2 times a week. So, 2-4 capsules week. Is this about right?

AlphaAlpha

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I've just being giving Alpha 1 capsule a week .... but I'm in the same situation as you and have NO idea on the correct amount..:confused::confused::tegu:

Zyn

I don't have the capsules I just mix a spoon full into the months worth of mixed ground turkey and beef liver

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980