• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

rainbow boa

shabazz

5 Year Member
can any one tell me if $110 is a good price 4 a baby, and how are there from the people that keep them? thank u

dpjm

5 Year Member
What type of rainbow boa is it? There are Brazilian (Epicrates cenchria cenchria) and Colombian (Epicrates cenchria maurus). The Brazilian tends to be more brightly colored and hence more popular in the pet trade, so I would venture to guess that it is Brazilian. If you have already seen the snake, it will be easy to identify what subspecies it is by looking at pictures on the internet.

My wife paid $200 (Canadian) for our baby Brazilian and we got a good deal, so $110 US is a good price if it is a captive bred animal.

They are a bit tricky to keep as they require high levels of humidity, can be picky eaters, and tend to be nippy as babies (ours is named Chomper because when we first got him, he used to bite me when I took him out, but he is tame as tame can be now). I wouldn't recommend one as a first snake, but if you know what you are doing they are a great pet and very beautiful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980