• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Red Tail eating habits?

LuvMyReptiles

As a red tail gets older does their span between feedings change. My red tail is about 8 feet long I am unsure of age or if male or female. I am not worried that some thing is wrong with my snake just curious seeing how it's been over 2 months since last feeding. I feed my snake live rabbits.

LuvMyReptiles

I just wish she would hurry and eat this stinky thing LOL. I don't like letting her get past the point of hunger guess I just bought the rabbit to soon. Thank you for you reply

LuvMyReptiles

Here is my snake, I was told it's female and a Colombian Red Tail Boa..

Attachments

• IMG_20120613_174551.jpg
    IMG_20120613_174551.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Can't tell sex by just looking at it. It is not a true "red tail" but is a Colombian Boa Constrictor. The name red tail gets thrown around and misused quite a bit.

LuvMyReptiles

I know you can't tell by just looking to be honest I am not worried if she is male or female I don't have any intention of breeding. How do I find out what she actually is then if she is not a red tail.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
She is a BCI (boa constrictor imperator)
http://www.herpcenter.com/reptile-articles/boa-constrictor-imperator-vs-boa-constrictor-constrictor.html

Bntegus

i have a couple whatever they are big slow boring snakes they eat all my breeder rats that die if they wont eat i try something smaller rabbits are a little big for the cold times or breeding times just my 2-cents.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supportibi