• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Red Tegu won’t eat

Roger

5 Year Member
Hello,

I have a red tegu from 3 years old.
He has been in hibernation for almost 4 months and came out of the hibernation at the 1th of February.
After a week I gave him his usual food and he ate a bit of it. After that, no food at all. I’ve been to the special reptile vet. She checked him and his poop. All was fine and nothing to worry about. But still not eating. His enclosure is the same as before and also the temperatures. He is very active. And if I open the cage he wan’t to go out. I also have contacted a person who have a lot of red tegu’s and she told me that she sees this behavior also with her red tegu’s. Somebody else who has experienced this before and what did you do about it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmelanc602