• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Reptar

Jessicak

Hi guys. I wasn't sure where else to put this so I'm just going to leave it here. This is where I'm going to keep updated on my new tegu Reptar. I got him 4 days ago. I believe he's a yearling but I don't know the sex. Can't figure out how to sex them. Anyway. Today he got his own 40 gallon breeder tank!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443575667.566812.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443575680.718800.jpg

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hi and welcome. Beautiful new buddy. At this ize you might be able to sex it be feeling on either side of the vent for a hard BB. If yes, a male. If not, either a female or too young still.

Jessicak

So finally, after much trial and error I think I figured it out. I bought a 150w basking bulb and I think he loves it. I tried a 100w ceramic heat emitter and I could only get his tank to like 82 degrees. Crossing my fingers this new bulb works

Jessicak

Silly reptar still hasn't eaten. I've had him for three weeks today. That's kind of stressing me out. He's so sweet though. Gets a bath at least every other night and always gets some cuddle time before bed after his bath. Still looking like a dime
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445062726.106982.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445062742.523480.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980