• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Reptile City BAD

BillieJeAn

when i ordered my Golden Gecko's one was accidentally shipped. the box he was shipped in wasnt made for shipping live animals. the condition he was in when i got him was ridiculous!!! i called and raised hell, and they finally shipped my female and other things i ordered. they the stuff would arrive a day before (they shipped it a a few days before the gecko) so i could set up the enclosure. the gecko arrived. no stuff! i called, he said it was on its way. a week later sti.l no stuff. i called he said it hadnt been shipped yet. this went one for TWO MONTHS!!
i had spent all of my money on theyre supplies i didnt have the money to buy any more while i was waiting. so the poor things had to stay in a bare cage with a heater on them to keep it warm :l i will never order from that place again![size=large][/size]

BillieJeAn

theyre great on their prices (19.99 shipping for your reptile, and up to six items or other animals) that's how i came across them, and they have great testimonials. but i assure you they are awful!

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Thank's for the head's up. But are you saying they ship your reptiles to you for $19.99? If so something really does not sound right there, average over night express shipping is like $45.

BillieJeAn

yes, it was 19.99! theyre customer testimonials seemed legit, and it was my first time ordering a live animal. its a good thing those geckos are hardy or they wouldnt have made it.
when i recieved the box i wasnt home. i was in Tennessee. it was delivered to my step dad, who was leaving to come on to , tennessee to meet us. it didnt say live animal, fragile, NOTHING! no air holes, no heat pack. NOTHING! he put the box in the trunk of the car (not knowing it had a lizard in it of course) and came up to (from maysville kentucky) tennessee. it stayed in the trunk all day ad night. he gave it to me when we were sitting in the car and said some of my stuff jad arrived. i opened it and out jumped my gecko. he got loose in the car and went crazy, lost his tail, before we finally caught him. he spent a week on vacation with us. it was a mess. my mom called and raised hell for about twenty minutes. i should have asked for all my money back.

grimz

Reptile city is a horrible place to order and i for one had a bad experience with them as well the first thing is i ordered me two tegus and on the website they said they had them in stock well after my order i called right away and they said it would take at least 5 or 6 days to process my order and i thought ok so i waited the 6 days and called back to ask if my order was ready to be shipped and they said it will take a couple more days then i started getting a little mad well a couple more days past i called them pack and then they told me they had not gotten them in stock yet after saying they already had them now i was really get angry and after all that they said they would refund my money and that took another week to do so REPTILE CITY IS BAD and no one should ever order from them

spark678

I had a bad experience with them too. Before getting my extreme from Bobby (glad I did) I was ready to purchase a tegu on their site and emailed them first. I asked why the price was something like 189 instead of 150, which they advertised on another site. They told me the demand for tegus changes frequently which was the reason for a sudden price increase. And then they told were out of stock yet still showed instock on the website. I said WTF and they came back with some bs saying how they have so many reptiles and what not and it is hard to keep up with the site. Also he wanted to put me on a list. Stay away!

BillieJeAn

Yeah they're pretty unorganized.
And they're a scam, really, I wouldn't have received any of my stuff if my mom threatened to get him in trouble.

Does any one know if or how I can report them for how they ship their animals? It's shipped like an actually package would be. Doesn't say perishable or anything no styrofoam around inside, the animal wasn't secure, no hear/cool pad (it needed a cool pack it was about 90°+ here), wasn't overnight shipping, and they didn't even tell me the animal was coming

bigbenz2008

We purchased a blue tongued skink from their online site and it was a huge mess and let down in the end. We ordered online and got a poorly written email which did not contain the delivery date, tracking number, or even the carrier and just that they would "process it within 5-7 business days" when everywhere else gets your reptile out the next day. So everytime I call wondering when it will get here, I either get a machine, I leave a message and get no reply, or the person on the other end has no idea what they are talking about-says they will call back-but never do. We ordered on a Wednesday, come the following Tuesday we called, they said it would be here Thursday. Come Thursday and no reptile I called and got the owner. Who once again said he would call me right back because he was on the other line with the people at the store, 25 minutes later still no call so I called him. He emphasizes..."when I spoke to you a FEW minutes ago". He said that they had to order a new one because all of theirs were injured or sick-which makes them sound even less reliable, and the fact that the page clearly says that if it is on back order I would be informed. So he was not going to get it to me until next Tuesday. 2 weeks after ordering! And to kick it off, they took out our money the day after ordering! I told them to refund me and yelled at him over the phone about their customer service. Horrible!

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Has this sort of transaction been reported on Fauna Classifieds BOI? This is the sort of thing that people should know about.

Dana C

I bought a tegu last year from them. While it arrived safely, it could easily have been otherwise. The box was good and the insulation was styrofoam and it had one heat pack. However it was shipped "second day" Fed Ex. It was very chilled when it arrived. The owner when I spoke to him about lack of communication and shipping dates told me he was on a trip to Texas. As it turned out, the Tegu came from some place in Florida which I later surmised was a drop ship point.
He has no "store" so to speak, as far as I know, and has his animals shipped directly from either the importer, wholesaler or whom ever. I don't know all this for sure but it sure seemed that way.
I lucked out with Captn' Jack but would never order anything from them again.

got10

laurarfl said:
Has this sort of transaction been reported on Fauna Classifieds BOI? This is the sort of thing that people should know about.

Fauna ? What a bunch of #$%&& there as well. I made a complaint about someone who ripped me off , But since he was on the IN crowd "paid member"I was deemed a trouble maker and summarily chastised because I gave name, times, How I was ripped off and . The unethical things the guy did. And for some "STRANGE" reason everyone who complained was subject to the same treatment

Well Golly, I wanted to buy a Ball Python and a skink from there, because shipping was such a nice price. But I also don't want a back condition reptile. Well Shucks looks like I'm gonna have to pay 40 bucks for shipping, oh well better have it done right then poorly.

beaglelover

Reptile City has to have one of the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. They have the POOREST communication I have ever experienced. They do not notify or alert you of anything to do with your order. They rarely answer the phone. They do not return phone calls. They do not seem to care at all. They told me it would take 2-3 days to process my order, and it took 2 weeks! And during that time, I keep calling and calling, and they kept lying, and saying it was going to come on a certain day and it would never come. I wanted to make sure I would be home, and they finally sent me the email that my reptiles were shipped the morning that my reptiles came which was over 2 weeks after I placed the order, and I wasn't here to pick up the animal, and they driver (not knowing what it is was) let my neighbor sign for it and take the package. It was a hot day and she put it on top of her car because the box didn't say "fragile" or "live animals" or anything; it just looked like a plain box. It was poorly packaged with no air holes and in a very small box, and all my geckos and frogs were stuffed together in small containers to pile on top of each other. And my tokay gecko escaped from his container and when I opened the box, he jumped out and ended up on my ceiling, and I couldn't catch him for over 5 hours. If anyone is not familiar with tokay geckos, they are excellent jumpers and climbers, very fast, and very aggressive; not a lizard you want lose in your home. And then I ordered 1000 crickets in that same order, and they didn't arrive until another week and a half after I received the reptiles, and I wanted food for them when or before they got here. And I had to call and call and call until they finally answered to find out that the crickets would be shipped separately. And then I got other equipment in that same order, and after a month and a half of waiting, no response, no notification, nothing, I called to see what was going on, and left them a message stating that they better call me back or else I will keep calling. And they still failed to return my call. I cancelled the rest of the order. I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RECOMMEND REPTILE CITY! Horrible customer service, horrible shipping and handling service, and all of my animals that I received came in weak, underweight condition.

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
Ive had bad experiences with them as well, my work did a wholesale order from them for some tarantulas. We ordered sub-adults to adult sizes as slings don't usually sell too well in a petstore, while they were packaged appropriately, they all came in tiny tiny slings (babies) and completely unidentified so we couldnt tell which was what... Also, we had ordered a mali uromastyx and he didnt ship him until WEEKS later without any notice, when we ordered he didnt let us know that they were out of stock so when he didnt show up with the tarantulas, we called, found out and waiting.... WEEKS (3-4weeks) later he just showed up, no notice, no email letting us know he was back in stock or was planning on shipping... he arrived very cold and no heat pack in the middle of winter.. thought he was dead at first.... Anyways, unless you have concrete evidence to prove yourself on Fauna, you'll get slaughtered... its turned the BOI's into an almost pointless section.

taz

Sure wish I woudl have found this site before I ordered a Spotted Salamander for my son from these clowns. The only reason why I bought the Salamander from them is there shipping rates were so cheap. $19.99 the salamander came in a plastic container, the container had wet moss in it with air holes punched in the container. How ever the there were no other air holes anywhere on the packaging & the box had an air tight wrapper on it. The Salamander was alive for 4 days but did nothing but lay around & never moved, including when I held it. I contacted Reptile City & of course they do not respond & they hung up in me when I called. They have a terrible rating with the BBB as well with 28 complaints over the last 3 years & 5 complaints in the past 12 months. Reptile City is on Facebook so I woudl recommend anyone with a Facebook account let everyone know what type of company this is. Does anyone know of a good place to buy a new Spotted Salamander? Here are a few links.
http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/reptiles/reptile-city-in-honey-grove-tx-90068669

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reptile-City/142078942490167?ref=ts&fref=ts

hello i hope you guys dont mind me posting here. i just want to share what ive been through with reptilecity. they have very poor customer service and the guy is a straight out jerk. they do not answer phones or emails. *I* had to contact them about shipping info (they didnt even bother telling me they shipped them!) i got buy one get one free cornsnakes and paid 24.95 for shipping. They do not over night the animals, its two day shipping that costs them UNDER 24.95. my box said it only cost them 5.50 to ship...the box had no holes and they were in plain plastic deli cups. they stuffed the box with a publix sales paper so they were tossed around pretty good. they were also too cheap to put a heat pack in it. The male snake is traumatized and the female had some type of pus like protrusion. I sent a pic of her to the guy and he was rude saying i see the spot that has nothing to do with the snakes health. we shipped over 70 corn snakes and youre the only one to experience a problem which i kinda expected. (he was referring to me contacting him multiple times to "bother him" about shipping info) if you care about animals at all you wont make the mistake of ordering from them. these people are only into the money and refuse responsibility for any and everything. His business says its in texas but snakes actually came from florida.

im friends with many animal lovers and companys on facebook one of which is reptile nation and they're looking into it. So is the BBB we reported it to them as well. Anyone that's interested I'll show you the proof gladly. I'm looking out for the animals because I give a crap. Its a sad world we live in where people use animals for money without giving them so much as correct living conditions. They also stated "a minor on a PayPal account brought the snakes" my daughter is 20 almost 21 a legal adult in the state of Florida. He's trying to talk his way out of it. Firstly PayPal doesn't let minors create accounts if I remember correctly and two aren't"professionals" not supposed to sell to minors? Just read EVERYONES reviews, they speak for themselves :)

another update.. my poor snake has died today.. this is a garbage company ran by crappy people. they pretty much run a concentration camp for animals. the ones that dont arrive dead, you fall in love with and slowly watch them die in your hands... i finally got a refund after showing the dead snake.. and even then the jerk acted like i was still in the wrong. saying i need to go erase my bad reviews..why should i? its not my fault they treat animals like garbage. i want EVERYONE to know how terrible these people are.. do NOT let those people bully you if you get involved with them. I got a lawyer to help me. The guy is basically trying to say I brought a snake to kill it and get my money back.. Its sick!! Also I should note if you do purchase from him and complain hell go to google maps and take a screen shot of your house to stalk/harass you!!! He's absolutely insane says I'm someone in a trailer with nothing better to do than attack his so called company. i know that sounds whacky but i have the message he sent me on sitejabber to prove it. thanks for letting me share, now i suppose its time for me to mourn my snake :( R.I.P. Bella the poor thing never got a chance... </3

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juiced